Wednesday 13 March 2013

Update news for Thursday 14th March

Mind The Gap on a new base!



With 365 metres (399 yards) to a 100g skein, this sock yarn is a high twist, durable blend of 80% Blue Faced Leicester wool and 20% nylon. It's soft and bouncy and feels lovely and snuggly on your feet! As with my regular sock yarn base, it will be priced at £16.75 for a 100g skein.

I've designed the stripe length to ensure that each skein has eight whole sequence repeats, with an extra three or so colours at the end. If you're knitting socks, you'll be able to have four whole colour sets per foot, so that's 48 stripes.

There's only a small supply of this at the moment, so when I restock the shop on Thursday at 9pm GMT, there will be a dozen or so of these, and about the same of the lighter weight base too. If you are considering making a purchase, please make sure you pick the right one! As there are so few, could you please not attempt to purchase more than two at this time? I do really appreciate the custom I have received recently, but as there is limited stock on this base for now, it would be lovely if people could not buy more than a couple today. There will be more available in forthcoming weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a vague idea of the timing of the update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll edit to put that in - thanks for noticing! Updates are always scheduled for 9pm GMT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria - I'll put a reminder in my calendar.

      Delete